The Consumer Goods Forum brings together retailers and manufacturers to implement wide scale positive change through global collaborative action. They do so for the benefit of both people and the planet to ensure better lives through better business.
Importance to the Egg Industry
Many of the opportunities and issues that we face as an industry can’t be addressed by individual companies alone or by collaborating regionally. CGF’s global, cross-value chain perspective is critical in the following areas:
- Sustainability – acting together to position the industry as a leader in protecting against climate change, reducing waste and promoting compliance with good working and environmental practices
- Food Safety – increasing confidence in the delivery of safe food globally through the continuous improvement of food safety management systems
- Health and Wellness – empowering consumers to make the right decisions and helping them to adopt healthier lifestyles
- End-to-End Value Chain & Standards – identifying and implementing global standards, protocols and principles for the management of data, processes and capabilities that span the value chain
- Knowledge and Best Practice Sharing
- IEC is a member and participant of CGF Global Leadership Conferences, in addition to being a reviewer of GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) consultative notes.